Housing programs and services to support people with mental illness:

  • BRUCE OAKE RECOVERY CENTRE: A 50-bed, non-profit residential treatment program for men in Winnipeg, Manitoba seeking recovery from substance use disorder with sliding-scale fees.
  • BEHAVIOURAL HEALTH FOUNDATION: Offers Long Term, Residential Programming For Adults Experiencing a Variety Of Substance Use And Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders. Located in St. Norbert, but also operate a treatment facility in Point Douglas.
  • CMHA REHABILITATION AND RECOVERY SERVICE: Helps mentally ill individuals choose, get and keep housing in the community. Call 204-982-6100.
  • EDEN HEALTH CARE SERVICES SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROGRAM: A housing and support program that provides rent-subsidized housing, residential care, psychological rehabilitation, and integrated community supports with a Christian emphasis. Call 204-325-5355.
  • END HOMELESSNESS WINNIPEG: Call 204-942-8677.
  • FRIENDS HOUSING INC.: Provides affordable supportive housing for people with a history of psychiatric illness. Call 204-953-1160.
  • THE LINK YOUTH EMERGENCY SHELTER AND RESOURCE CENTRE: A safe place for youth in crisis to stay overnight or short-term. Call 204-477-1804.
  • MARYMOUND YOUTH CRISIS STABILIZATION UNITS: offers a safe space for youth feeling overwhelmed, stressed or unable to cope. Call 204-949-4777.
  • NEW DIRECTIONS FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH, ADULTS & FAMILIES: provides housing support to adults living with mental health issues.
  • SALVATION ARMY – THE HAVEN: A residential licensed facility that provides supervised residential living for men ages 18 – 55 experiencing mental illness. Call 204-946-9404.
  • PLACE BERNADETTE POIRER MANAGED BY SARA RIEL INC.: provides safe, stable and affordable housing with the goal of living independently and autonomously. Call 204-451-3901 or 204-237-9263.
  • TEN TEN SINCLAIR HOUSING INC.: provides housing and services for persons living with a physical disability who experience additional challenges such as mental health or addictions, who wish to develop the skills necessary to live independently in the community. Call 204-339-9268.
  • WRHA – RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES: Provides care, on a voluntary basis, in licensed group homes for adults with a psychiatric diagnosis who can not manage independently. Only for people receiving case management services from a Community Mental Health Worker from WRHA Community Mental Health Services. Call 204-788-8330.

Other housing supports:

West End 24 Hours Overnight Safe Space (operated by Spence Neighborhood Association at 430 Langside Street) offers emergency shelter for youth Ages 13-26. Call 204-333-9681.

Manitoba Helps offers interest free loans to catch up on unpaid rent and utilities.

Jubilee Fund offers the Rent Guarantee Program to act as a guarantor for up to 40 people per year who are living in shelters, transitional housing units, or other unstable living conditions who have the capacity to make full rent payments, but are facing the barrier of a lack of rental history.